Your booking with RedBrum is subject to the following Terms and Conditions. Please contact us with any queries you may have before reserving your booking.
- No one other than you and or any other driver named in the Motor Rental Agreement may drive the Horsebox.
- No one may drive the Horsebox unless they are aged between 22 and 75 years of age inclusive during the Rental Term without prior insurers agreement.
- Every driver must hold, and have held at the Date of collection for at least 3 consecutive years, a valid UK Driving Licence.
- Every driver must have completed the Driver Profile before driving the Horsebox.
- You and any other driver of the Horsebox must not:
- Use the Horsebox for hire or reward;
- Use the Horsebox for any illegal purpose;
- Use the Horsebox for either racing, pace making, testing the Horsebox‘s reliability and speed and or teaching someone to drive;
- Use the Horsebox whilst under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs; or
- Drive the Horsebox outside England, Scotland and Wales, unless you have requested this in your booking request.
- Complete the Motor Rental Agreement;
- Complete the Driver Profile;
- Confirm your acceptance of these terms;
- Authorise online payment from your credit/debit card;
- Provide copies of all driver’s licences;
- Provide copies of two utility bills;
- Provide a damage deposit (£400.00 for drivers aged 22 – 24) or (£250.00 for drivers 25 – 75)
- Complete and sign the Motor Rental Agreement and Handover Condition Report upon collection and return.
- You must complete and sign a Motor Rental Agreement with Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum at collection of the Horsebox.
- You must complete a Handover Condition Report of the Horsebox with Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum to identify the state of repair of the Horse boxes and any damage prior to its pick up.
- You must look after the Horsebox and the keys to it. You must always keep the Horsebox locked securely at all times when unattended, ensuring that you use any and all security device(s) fitted to or supplied with the Horsebox. You must keep the keys about your person at all times.
- You must protect the Horsebox against any adverse weather conditions, which may cause damage to the Horsebox.
- You must ensure that you use the correct fuel for the Horsebox, which is pump diesel. NOT RED.
- You must not sell, rent or dispose of the Horsebox or any of its parts, fixtures, fittings or items added by Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum or otherwise.
- You must not grant to anyone legal rights over the Horsebox.
- You must not let anyone work on the Horsebox without the permission of Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum. You will only receive a refund if you have a valid VAT receipt for the work, and the works carried out have been authorised by Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum.
- You must let Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum know as soon as you become aware of any fault in or with the Horse boxes.
- You must return the Horsebox to the Return Point on the Return Date. Until the Horsebox is safely returned to Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum you will remain responsible for the Horsebox. The Representative of Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum must inspect the Horsebox before it is handed back to them so that the they can ensure that they are satisfied with the condition in which it has been returned.
- You are responsible for any loss or damage to the Horse boxes caused by negligence, misuse or otherwise, whether or not such loss or damage was caused by you.
- You must complete a Return Report with Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum to identify the state of repair of the Horsebox and any damage upon return. Any points as to the state of repair on which you disagree must be clearly identified. In the absence of such identification, you will be deemed to accept the content of the Return Report in its entirety.
- You will have to pay for costs of repair of any interior or exterior damage or loss to the Horsebox or its equipment. You must ensure the box is returned in the same condition it is was presented at commencement of hire. Extra Cleaning fees may be charged if deemed unacceptable.
- Before you return the Horsebox you must ensure you have not left any personal belongings in the Horsebox. Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum is under no obligation to return any such belongings left by you.
- The horsebox is not to be taken out of the U.K. without prior arrangement.
- The horsebox is not designed to carry more than 3 people or more animals than recommended.
- You must comply with the legal load and weight regulations as may apply, you can only be sure you are not over weight by using a weighbridge, Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum are not responsible for overloading. Should the horsebox be confiscated due to overloading all fines, charges and lost revenue will be charged to the hirer.
- It is the sole responsibility of the hirer to ensure that horses travel with passports.
Rental Damage Deposit
- A refundable Rental Damage Deposit of £400.00 / £250.00 is payable in advance by you for any damage or loss caused to the Horsebox or its equipment. This will be taken by Debit or Credit Card along with the booking fee within 72hrs of hire commencement.
- The condition of the Horsebox upon its return will be compared against the condition of the Horsebox upon its pick up by reference to the difference, if any, described in the Handover Condition Report and the Return Report.
- Provided the Horsebox is returned to the Return Point on the Return Date in the same condition as at the Pick Up Date with a clean interior and there are no other extra charges, the Rental Damage Deposit will be refunded within 7 working days of the date upon which the Horsebox is returned.
- Should the Horsebox be returned in a worse condition as at the Pickup Date, then repairs, replacement or cleaning costs will be charged against the Rental Damage Deposit, up to and including the full £400.00, however the damage is caused (examples include by horse or other people).
- This paragraph is without prejudice to the rights of Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A Redbrum to recover from you, whether under these Terms or otherwise, any sums due in excess of the Rental Damage Deposit for damage or loss howsoever caused to the Horsebox during the Rental Term.
- The following surcharges may be charged to you after returning the Horsebox and deducted from your deposit:
- Excessively dirty interior or exterior £50.00
- Ban on smoking if not adhered to £50.00
- Horsebox repairs – The following schedule is a reference to the cost of repair and not an exhaustive list. The actual cost can be a greater or lesser amount based on the actual cost of repair.
- Wheel damage £250.00
- Tyre damage £150.00 per tyre
- Wheel arch damage £400.00
- Wing mirror glass damage £100.00
- Wing mirror housing damage £250.00
- Window crack £300.00
- Headlamp unit £280.00
- Damage to front bumper £350.00
- You must pay any and all fines and costs (including court costs) incurred for parking, traffic, congestion charges or other offences, (including any costs which arise if the Horsebox is clamped). You must pay to the appropriate authority any fines and costs if and when the authority demands this payment. If you do not, you will be responsible to pay any costs and reasonable administration charges incurred by Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum in dealing with these matters. Any fines incurred and not apparent until a later date will be forwarded to the hirer (such as speeding tickets).
- Insurance for the Horsebox for the period from the Pickup Date and time to the Return Date and time as stated in the Motor Rental Agreement is arranged through the Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum.
- The cost of the Insurance is included within the Rental Payment.
- A copy of the full details of the Insurance are stored in the vehicle at all times along with other important information regarding the vehicle. Failure to return this folder will result in a £50.00 charge.
- Upon pick-up of the Horsebox, we will supply you with your Motor Rental Agreement as confirmation of Insurance Cover.
- Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum reserves the right to take action against you to recover the full cost of all loss, repairs and damage suffered by the Horsebox during the Rental Term, which are not covered by Insurance.
- You shall be liable for the first £250.00 for 25 years and over (£400.00 for 22-24 years) of each and any claim(s) made under the Insurance, such sums to be deducted from the Rental Damage Deposit and if insufficient paid by you within 7 days of written demand.
- The following are excluded from the Insurance cover:
- Damage to the windscreen and windows;
- Damage to tyres caused by braking, punctures, cuts or bursts;
- Mechanical, electrical, electronic, computer failures, breakdowns or breakages;
- Loss of use, wear and tear, depreciation in value of the Horsebox after a claim has been made under the Insurance policy;
- Claims involving fraud or deception;
- Claims resulting from 'taking away' incidents where the Horsebox is taken by a member of your family, household or by someone with a close personal relationship with you;
- Claims resulting from anyone driving the Horsebox with or without your permission who has not been included in the Hirer’s Profile;
- Theft as a result of keys remaining in the Horsebox whilst unoccupied;
- Loss or damage to, or theft of, the radio, stereo equipment, or aerials;
- Interior damage including burns to seats, carpets and other damage;
- Vandalism damage of any kind to the Horsebox;
- Damage or loss of personal effects within or from the Horsebox.
- You are entirely responsible for the security of the Horsebox. You must ensure that, if the Horsebox is left unattended at any time, it is securely locked and parked in a safe, well-lit location. You must take every precaution to prevent loss from or theft of the Horsebox.
Fuel, Oil and Water
- A quarter tank of fuel is supplied upon pick up of the Horsebox and you must return the Horsebox with a quarter tank of fuel. Any fuel shortage will be charged to you against the Rental Damage Deposit. You will be liable for all repair costs if the incorrect fuel type is used.
- You are responsible for the regular checking of oil and water levels and the use of the correct type of fluids during the Rental Term.
- Transporting generators that require fuel can invalidate the insurance. Therefore generators are not permitted.
- 250 miles per day allowance and 30p + vat per mile thereafter.
- All cancellations must be in writing or by email, addressed to Millcroft Ventures Limited T/A RedBrum or firstname.lastname@example.org and are charged as follows;
- 50% of the hire fee is not refundable in any circumstances.
- If the cancellation notice is received 14 days or more before but excluding the Pickup Date, Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum shall refund the Rental Payment less the 50%. The £250.00 / £400.00 Rental Damage Deposit is not charged if the hire is cancelled and provided no other sums are unpaid by way of deposit or otherwise.
- If the cancellation notice is received within the period of 14 days before and including the Pickup Date Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum will be entitled to 50% of the Rental Payment. Provided no other sums are unpaid by way of deposit or otherwise the Rental Damage Deposit shall not be charged.
Pick-up and Return
- The Horsebox will be available for pick up from the Pickup Location on the Pickup Date and must be returned to the Return Point by appointment, on the Return Date. Any delay in returning the Horsebox will result in you being charged the Hourly Rate of £20 for each day or part thereof for which you fail to return the Horsebox to the Return Point. No refund is given for an early return of the Horsebox.
- You acknowledge upon pick up, the rental of the Horsebox and the contents as free from any defect or damage, fit for purpose and complete other than as specified in the Handover Condition Report. On pick up, you are advised to check the Horsebox thoroughly before departure. The breakdown or malfunction of equipment after the Horsebox has been handed over by Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum will not be accepted as reason to abort or cancel the Rental Contract; any such fault will be rectified as soon as possible. If the fault cannot be rectified within twenty-four hours from the Pickup Date, Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum will seek to provide an alternative Horsebox. If this is not possible, the balance of the Rental Payment will be returned to the Hirer.
- Upon return of the Horsebox, Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum will check the Horsebox for damage, cleanliness, fuel, condition of the tyres, windscreen, bumpers, roof lights, mirrors, doors and internal habitation equipment and complete the Return Report jointly with you.
- Every effort is made to ensure that the Horsebox reserved is available. If, due to circumstances beyond Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum’s control which could not reasonably have been foreseen or avoided at any point up until the Pick Up Date, the Rental Payment will be refunded.
- If an alternative is not available the liability of the will be limited to the refund of all monies paid to Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum by you. Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum cannot accept responsibility or pay any compensation, costs or expenses where the performance of the Rental Contract Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum is prevented or affected or you otherwise suffer any loss or damage as a result of events beyond Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum’s reasonable control. Such loss or damage includes any delays to and or restrictions to your rental to which you may be subject.
- Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum reserves the right to refuse to hand over a Horsebox to any person who, in the reasonable opinion of the Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum is not suitable to take charge of the Horsebox. In such cases of refusal, all payments made by the Hirer will be refunded in full, but Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum will not have any further liability in relation to the aborted hire, nor to the person to whom hire was refused.
- Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum reserve the right to cancel the hire if at Pick Up Date or at any time during the Rental Term it becomes apparent that any of the drivers’ license(s) are invalid or not in accordance with the Hirer’s Profile. In these circumstances all payments made by the Hirer will be forfeited.
- Smoking or the use of e-cigs (vaping) is not permitted in the vehicle.
- Animals other than the transportation of horses are not permitted in any other area of the horsebox.
- In the event of a breakdown or an accident, an emergency service is at your disposal. Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum cannot be held liable for delays, curtailment of journey or other incidental costs.
- You will bear all costs of breakdown or repair in circumstances where the incident is the result of negligence on your part, for example by running out of fuel, filling a tank with the wrong fuel, locking keys inside the Horsebox or losing keys.
- No responsibility is or can be accepted by Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum for any loss or damage or expense which occurs as a result of any accident.
- If you have been involved in an accident you must not admit responsibility. You should obtain the names and addresses of all involved, including witnesses. Take photographs as evidence where possible. You should also make the Horsebox secure, contact the police immediately if anyone is injured or if there is any disagreement regarding who is responsible. You must also contact Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum as soon as possible.
- It will also be necessary for you to prepare a motor accident report form (in vehicle) and send a copy to Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum.
- If you break the Motor Rental Agreement, we will make available the information you have provided to us to credit reference agencies, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA), debt collectors and any other relevant organisations. We are also entitled to pass this information on to the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA), who in turn can pass it on to any of its members for any purpose stated in the Data Protection Act 1998.
Ending the Rental Contract
- Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum is entitled unilaterally to terminate immediately the Rental Contract by notice in writing to you if:
- Any of these Terms are breached by you;
- You fail to remedy any breach having been requested to do so by Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum;
- You are made bankrupt.
- These Terms, Rental Schedule and the Reservation Details set out the entire agreement relating to the rental of the Horsebox. You confirm that in entering into the Motor Rental Agreement you have not relied upon any representation of either Millcroft Ventures Ltd T/A RedBrum not set out in these Terms.
- These Terms are not intended to nor do they confer any right or entitlement on any third party whether under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
- English Law governs these terms in all respects and you submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.